The Home of Tone®
MESA® Drive Pedals are built by the very same artisans that create the Award Winning Mark Five™, and the legendary Dual and Triple Rectifier®. They stand ready to serve up all genres of ROCK with cut and aggression, while retaining much of the signature warmth and organic sonic quality found in our amplifiers. Ranging from high to lower gain applications, including classic rock or howling blues, we have a drive pedal that will help you achieve the sounds that so many artists have employed in our amps to create the world’s heaviest guitar tones! And like each and every MESA product, our pedals are built using the same quality components, craftsmanship and inspiring performance as our custom amplifiers...all hand-built in Petaluma California, USA.... the Home of Tone®!
The FLUX-FIVE™ adds our classic Five Band Graphic EQ and footswitchable HI/LO performance Modes, featuring separate OUTPUT LEVEL controls to the already versatile FLUX-DRIVE™ package for increased tone shaping power and enhanced stylistic versatility.
The reception for the FLUX-DRIVE’s fat, smooth, expressive gain has been outstanding among Artists and players alike. With critical praise from around the globe, it was an obvious recipient for the enhanced power of our Five-Band EQ. The FLUX-FIVE overdrive is a supercharged version of our popular FLUX-DRIVE that features a “shrunk-to-size” version of our classic Boogie&ref; Five-Band Graphic EQ and new added versatility thanks to footswitchable HI/LO performance Modes. The LO Gain Mode is the original FLUX-DRIVE in every way and now, on this wider platform, a new higher gain version of this soulful sound appears in the HI Mode. The Graphic EQ allows the popular “V-Curve” EQ setting to be applied to its layers of thick gain - creating a huge, wide Heavy Rock or Metal sound that still retains the FLUX’s warm character. The original TREBLE and BASS rotary EQ controls can be used to dial in global enhancements and the combination of the two EQ styles produces signature sounds for any genre.
The Graphic EQ can be applied to both HI and LO Gain Modes enabling you to have a global EQ curve or apply it to either gain Mode separately to have two “preset” sounds with different EQ shapes and gain signatures to switch between. A HI TRIM pot allows the volume level of HI to be adjusted in relation to the original LO (FLUX-DRIVE) Mode. However you choose to utilize all this potential, the warm rich FLUX-FIVE overdrive is sure to inspire you and bring out your best.
- Designed and Handcrafted in Petaluma, California, USA
- True Bypass On/Off Footswitch bypasses all circuitry when off to ensure no tonal loss
- HI/LO Footswitch provides instant access between HI & LO (Gain) Modes for greater musical versatility
- Gain Control allows you to dial in the perfect amount of vocal-overdrive, dynamic to sustaining
- Bass & Treble Controls provide +/- 12dB of EQ boost or cut for exceptional overall tone shaping
- 5-Band Graphic EQ provides Auto-Assignability to either Mode (HI or LO) via Independent On/Off Switches and Mesa’s legendary tone-shaping power with +/- 12dB of boost or cut at 80Hz, 240Hz, 750Hz, 2.2Khz and 6.6Khz
- HI Trim Level Control with LED Indicator provides an Independent Level Boost when HI Mode is activated
- Master Level Control provides an overall variable range of signal boost up to +20dB
- On/Off Status LED with Dual Color LED’s to indicate the active Mode (LO = Yellow / HI = Red)
- 9V Battery Powered or Externally Powered (optional) via External Power Supply Input Jack
- Input & Output Jacks (Nominal Input -20dB)
- Dimensions (W/D/H): 5.78" x 4.76" x 2.30" (146.8mm x 121mm x 58.4mm)
- Weight: 1.7 lbs. (771g) with battery, 1.6 lbs. (725.7g) without battery
- True Bypass Switching
- Battery Type: 9VDC (one)
- Power Consumption (Current Draw): 9VDC/25mA
- External Power Supply (Not Included): WARNING!!! To avoid immediate damage and voiding the warranty, the External Power Supply MUST be 9VDC with a NEGATIVE CENTER plug polarity and a jack plug size of 2.1mm x 5.5mm.
- Input Impedance: 1M Ohm (500k Ohm minimum)
- Output Impedance: 10k Ohm
Delivery & Returns
Free Shipping- Most orders $50.00 and over ordered from themusicden.com SHIP FOR FREE, but there are two exceptions: Orders that are being shipped to a location that is not in the lower 48 United States will NOT ship for free. Also items marked as "Oversized" will NOT ship free. Those orders will ship using our Standard Shipping rate.
Standard Shipping- This is the default shipping method for orders shipping to a US state that is not in the lower 48, such as Hawaii or Alaska, Puerto Rico, or an APO/AE order. Whether an order is shipped USPS or UPS is at The Music Den's discretion depending on what the situation may require.
Orders made through www.themusicden.com will only ship to United States. We are unable to ship internationally.
It may take one to two business days to process an order before it is actually shipped out.
Shipping costs will not be refunded for returns. The buyer must assume all shipping costs when returning an item.
School Servicing- Items will be delivered to the school on our next scheduled weekly visit.
In-Store Pickups- You can choose to pick items up at our Randolph Store. Please call ahead to make sure that your item is at the store before coming to pick it up. Be prepared to present identification and the purchasing credit card during pickup.
Curbside Pickups- Between 10am-5pm, Monday-Friday, you can choose to pick items up at our Randolph Store and have them brought out to you. Please wait for a confirmation email that your item is ready to be picked up. When you arrive you can call the store at 973-927-5800. Be prepared to present identification and the purchasing credit card during pickup.
30 Day Easy Return Guarantee
The Music Den wants you to be fully satisfied with your purchase. The Music Den has a cash back return policy for all online returns 30 days from the date of sale. (Note: This does not apply to Reverb. Please see Reverb for their specific policies. For In-store purchases please refer to your receipt.) Please read the items below carefully to ensure that your Item Return is done correctly.
To return an item purchased online from www.themusicden.com, you must notify The Music Den within 30 days from the date of the sale to receive an RA#.
All returns must have an RA# (Return Authorization Number). To receive an RA#, Please call 1-800-479-1189 or click here to send us an email. Do not forget to mention your customer number and order number so that we can expedite your request.
All Returns must be received by the Music Den within 10 days of the day you received the RA#.
All shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer and are non-refundable.
The following items cannot be returned: Sheet Music, Books, Reeds, Strings, Harmonicas, Microphones, Clothing, CD's, Videos, DVD's, and Software.
Returned items must be in their original condition and packaging. Returned items not in their original condition will be charged a 15% restocking fee.
Special orders can only be returned at the discretion of a Store Manager with a restocking fee added. All deposits on special orders are non-refundable.
When you ship your item, make sure that your RA# is printed clearly on the outside of the package.
Ship the item to:
The Music Den
1030 Route 10 West
Randolph, NJ 07869
For answers to any questions about our return policy, please call 1-800-479-1189 or click here to send us an email.