A World of Synth Tones at Your Feet
Offering a universe of rich, analog-inspired polyphonic tones in a small footprint, the SY-200 makes it simple to weave BOSS’s expressive guitar and bass synth technology into all of your musical journeys. Building on the fun, instant-gratification experience of the acclaimed SY-1, this blue inspiration machine features an expanded sound set, more tone-shaping possibilities, and 128 memories for storing your sonic creations. Two onboard footswitches provide deep real-time performance control, and you can take things even further with external footswitches, an expression pedal, and MIDI.
- Advanced BOSS polyphonic guitar synth technology in a streamlined 200 series pedal
- 12 analog-style synth categories with many variations in each (171 sounds total)
- Three adjustable parameters for customizing sounds
- 128 memories for saving and recalling sounds
- Fast sound creation with hands-on controls and large display
- No special pickup required—play rich, dynamic synth tones with any guitar or bass
- Latency-free performance for unrestricted musical expression
- Assignable Memory/CTL 1 switch for memory change, hold, pitch control, and more
- Blend synth and normal guitar sounds with independent level controls
- Parallel send/return loop for easy integration with other pedals on your board
- Selectable modes for globally optimizing the synth engine for guitar or bass
- Supports extended control with up to two external footswitches or an expression pedal
- Full MIDI I/O provided with space-saving 3.5 mm TRS jacks (connection cables available separately)
- Micro USB jack for firmware updates
- Runs on PSA-series AC adaptor or three AA-size batteries
A Massive Library of Expressive Synth Tones
The SY-200 transforms your guitar or bass into a versatile analog-flavored synth, ready to infuse your music with dynamic, compelling, and evocative new voices. This streamlined stomp gives you 171 total sounds organized in 12 intuitive categories, along with adjustable parameters for customizing the tone and response. And with 128 memory locations, you’re able to store your favorite sounds and instantly recall them while performing.
With the SY-200’s informative display and hands-on controls, it’s quick and easy to call up sounds and balance the direct and synth levels. All the preset synth tones have been dialed in by the BOSS engineers to be inspiring and playable right away. But if you want to go deeper, you can tweak three different parameters for each sound via dedicated knobs.
The SY-200 smoothly integrates into your setup in a variety of ways. Patch it in your chain like a regular pedal, or use the send and output jacks to route synth and straight guitar sounds to different destinations. And with the send/return loop and level knobs, it’s possible to craft unique hybrid sounds by blending one or more pedals in parallel with different synth voices.
The SY-200 provides a massive range of control options while taking up minimal space on your pedalboard. Two customizable footswitches offer multi-functional operation with press-and-hold functionality, allowing you to control synth on/off, memory scrolling, pitch bend, synth hold, and more. Expanded control is possible via external footswitches or an expression pedal, and MIDI I/O is also available to interface with other MIDI-equipped pedals and devices like the ES-8 and ES-5 loop switchers.
You can use the SY-200 with any guitar or bass—just plug in with a standard 1/4-inch cable and start creating. Thanks to custom DSP and the latest BOSS innovations, you’ll enjoy latency-free performance that’s a natural extension of your instrument, letting you play freely without altering your normal technique in any way.
The SY-200 is loaded with a large library of synthesizer tones to inspire new ideas and bring fresh voices to your music.
• LEAD—A wide range of sounds suitable for single-note soloing.
• PAD—Full tones that work great with chords, from layered pads to synth brass and more.
• STRING—Classic analog-style strings, including layered voices and sweeping textures.
• BELL—Percussive synth sounds with metallic resonance.
• ORGAN—A large selection of organ sounds, including many with rotary-style modulation.
• BASS—Fat synth bass sounds, including filtered and sub-octave tones.
• DUAL—Fat synth tones with stacked oscillators.
• SWEEP—Dynamic sounds with expressive and engaging movement.
• NOISE—Classic analog-style synth noise. Great for percussive sounds and dramatic effects.
• SFX—A variety of synth sound effects, including explosive one-shot sounds, animated pitch/filter voices, and more.
• SEQ—Pulsating sounds with rhythmic pitch or filter changes.
• ARPEGGIO—Generate rhythmic arpeggios based on the notes you play.
Delivery & Returns
Free Shipping- Most orders $50.00 and over ordered from themusicden.com SHIP FOR FREE, but there are two exceptions: Orders that are being shipped to a location that is not in the lower 48 United States will NOT ship for free. Also items marked as "Oversized" will NOT ship free. Those orders will ship using our Standard Shipping rate.
Standard Shipping- This is the default shipping method for orders shipping to a US state that is not in the lower 48, such as Hawaii or Alaska, Puerto Rico, or an APO/AE order. Whether an order is shipped USPS or UPS is at The Music Den's discretion depending on what the situation may require.
Orders made through www.themusicden.com will only ship to United States. We are unable to ship internationally.
It may take one to two business days to process an order before it is actually shipped out.
Shipping costs will not be refunded for returns. The buyer must assume all shipping costs when returning an item.
School Servicing- Items will be delivered to the school on our next scheduled weekly visit.
In-Store Pickups- You can choose to pick items up at our Randolph Store. Please call ahead to make sure that your item is at the store before coming to pick it up. Be prepared to present identification and the purchasing credit card during pickup.
Curbside Pickups- Between 10am-5pm, Monday-Friday, you can choose to pick items up at our Randolph Store and have them brought out to you. Please wait for a confirmation email that your item is ready to be picked up. When you arrive you can call the store at 973-927-5800. Be prepared to present identification and the purchasing credit card during pickup.
30 Day Easy Return Guarantee
The Music Den wants you to be fully satisfied with your purchase. The Music Den has a cash back return policy for all online returns 30 days from the date of sale. (Note: This does not apply to Reverb. Please see Reverb for their specific policies. For In-store purchases please refer to your receipt.) Please read the items below carefully to ensure that your Item Return is done correctly.
To return an item purchased online from www.themusicden.com, you must notify The Music Den within 30 days from the date of the sale to receive an RA#.
All returns must have an RA# (Return Authorization Number). To receive an RA#, Please call 1-800-479-1189 or click here to send us an email. Do not forget to mention your customer number and order number so that we can expedite your request.
All Returns must be received by the Music Den within 10 days of the day you received the RA#.
All shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer and are non-refundable.
The following items cannot be returned: Sheet Music, Books, Reeds, Strings, Harmonicas, Microphones, Clothing, CD's, Videos, DVD's, and Software.
Returned items must be in their original condition and packaging. Returned items not in their original condition will be charged a 15% restocking fee.
Special orders can only be returned at the discretion of a Store Manager with a restocking fee added. All deposits on special orders are non-refundable.
When you ship your item, make sure that your RA# is printed clearly on the outside of the package.
Ship the item to:
The Music Den
1030 Route 10 West
Randolph, NJ 07869
For answers to any questions about our return policy, please call 1-800-479-1189 or click here to send us an email.