RANDOLPH LOCATION (973) 927-5800
STORE HOURS: Mon-Thurs 10AM TO 8PM, Fri-Sat 10AM TO 6PM, Sun CLOSED
LESSON DEPARTMENT POLICY (Virtual and In-Store Lessons)
Welcome to the School of Music and The Performing Arts at The Music Den. The Music Den is confident that the collaboration with the area’s finest professional instructors will help the student acquire new levels of proficiency and artistry in the student’s chosen area of study. Please read carefully the student requirements listed in this policy.
1. Music and Voice Lessons. Musical instrument and voice lessons consist of private, one-on-one sessions with an instrumental music or voice instructor. Lessons occur once a week on a set schedule based on the instructor’s availability for a period of either thirty (30) or sixty (60) minutes.
2. Student Enrollment. Enrollment in the School of Music is a monthly commitment.
3. Tuition. Tuition is due the first day of each month. The following are the various tuition rates: a. Regular Tuition: $160.00 per month for half-hour lessons, $300 per month for one hour lessons. b. Discounted Tuition: Multi-family member discount is $150 per month for half hour lessons and $300 per month for hour lessons. If your student starts mid-month your first tuition payment will be prorated accordingly.
4. Payment/Late Fees. Credit/Debit Card auto-pay is the only available method of payment. All students/parents/guardians must register a credit/debit card. The Music Den will process the payment on the first day of every month. Tuition reserves the instructor's time and assures the student a specified time slot. Tuition does not necessarily correspond to the number of lessons taken. If for any reason the student’s preferred method of payment is rejected, The Music Den will attempt to re-charge. If the problem persists and the tuition is unpaid by the 10th of the month, there will be a ten dollar ($10) late fee applied and the student will be marked inactive until payment is received and cleared. Once payment is received and the student resumes an active status, The Music Den cannot guarantee the student will be able to reclaim their original time slot.
5. Student Absences. If a student is not going to make their in-person lesson, the instructor will conduct an online, virtual lesson during your scheduled lesson time. If you cannot attend your lesson virtually during your scheduled time, your teacher will send supplemental instructional material, including a video lesson, for you to work on via the TeacherZone system. There are no Make-Up lessons for student absences.
6. Instructor Absences. In the event of an instructor absence, your instructor will send you supplemental materials, including a video lesson, for you to work on during the week.
7. Closings. In the event of inclement weather, or other emergency situation, lessons will be conducted virtually.
8. Cancellation. To discontinue lessons, students must notify the store by phone and by email with the subject: “stop lessons” to: firstname.lastname@example.org at least fifteen (15) days prior to the end of the month. Please indicate: student's name, instructor's name, day of the week and time slot, and anticipated date of the student’s last lesson. The Music Den will contact the student’s instructor to ensure he/she is aware of the student’s request. Please keep in mind, no credits are given for lessons stopped before the end of a month. Learning to play a musical instrument is very rewarding. A firm commitment to attendance and practice will ensure a learning experience that will lead each student to their fullest potential.
We hope to see all of our students flourishing and invite each of you to participate in one of our recitals held in The Music Den’s performance space, The Randolph Performing Arts Center!
This policy is effective as of January 1, 2021, and replaces any and all previous lesson policy agreements of The Music Den.