Used Analogman Beano Boost Guitar Effect Pedal
This effect pedal is used but in excellent condition! It may show some minor cosmetic imperfections from normal usage. There are four pieces of velcro attached to the bottom, ready to setup with your pedalboard. Please refer to the images for appearance. It has been tested and is functioning properly.
This item comes with its original box.
This is the Analog Man Beano Boost a simple looking yet effective pedal.
This pedal is based on the 1960s British Dallas Rangemaster, which was best at the time to give a treble and gain boost to the dark British amps. This allowed them to get a sound more in tune with the time, as guitars were starting to become a loud, bold, lead instrument. This pedal is a type of BOOSTER, not really a distortion pedal nor a clean boost- it does modify your sound quite a bit. It excites certain frequencies and pushes your amp to allow it to create rich tube distortion. The pedal colors your tone, with a crunchy overdrive, boosting certain frequencies, and warming the tone with NOS germanium transistors. It does not have a lot of compression and sustain like most OD pedals, but a more raw, open sound.
This pedal has three tone settings from the tone switch- Center is a treble boost, the same as the original Dallas Rangemaster. UP is a fuller-frequency mid range boost (MID setting). Down is a LOW range, also quite a full frequency sound. Optionally we can install a push/pull switch (built into the volume knob) for 2 tone selections (treble and mids) but this option is not as good so we rarely build them.
The Beano Boost is spectacular into an amp that is already cranked up pretty well. It will also work well into a clean amp, but you probably need to turn the volume on the pedal up, to make the tone thicker by hitting the amp harder and making it work more.
At 9:00 the Beano Boost is unity gain and may not sound very special into a clean amp. At 12:00 it starts to boost the volume and get thicker. At 3:00 it should be waking your tubes up like a passing jet plane.
So if you use a clean amp, it's not something you can just turn on and get a great sound at the same volume. However most of the time when you want more crunch you want more volume, so it may work out fine.
- True Bypass switching with minimal popping.
- LED for on/off status
- NOS Germanium Transistor chosen for low noise and best tone.
- Three-way, short and sturdy toggle switch for tone selection:
- Middle: "HI" Standard Dallas Rangemaster tone, treble enhanced.
- Up: MIDs, more of a full range boost, great for Fender guitars!
- Down: LOW, full range sound with a bit more bassy setting.
- Optional PUSH PULL volume pot allows two tone settings:
- Down: "HI" Standard Dallas Rangemaster tone, treble enhanced.
- Up: MIDS, more of a full range boost, great for Fender guitars!
- * This can be reversed at order time if desired, or changed to MID and LOW settings.
- Volume Control allows substantial boost.
- Can boost volume quite a bit. Has about the same output level ON and OFF with the vol knob set at 9:00. At 11:00 there is about a 10dB boost, which sounds twice as loud. At 12:00 there is a 13dB boost, and up all the way is about an 18dB boost which is nearly twice as loud as it was at 11:00.
- Durable Grey Hammertone (like original) powdercoated cast alloy case.
- SIZE : 2.5" wide x 4.75" long x 1.5" tall not including switches, etc.
- Silk Screened graphics as seen on the pedal at the very top of the page.
- Circuit hand-wired point to point like the original. No circuit board used. I won't claim this is better than using a quality circuit board, but it works very well for this pedal. It does takes us more time to build them.
- All can use a 9V Battery, a Boss style power jack is optional for $10.
- When power jack is added, it can use any normal Boss type 9V power supply, with no reverse polarity issues. We add power filter circuitry to reduce power supply noise when the power jack is added.
- *** CAUTION : using a daisy chained (shared) power supply on the Beano Boost can be very noisy. Best to use it's own supply, or run one output from an ISOLATED power supply (Voodoo Lab, T Rex, etc) into the Beano Boost for less noise.
- This pedal uses only 5mA of power when on (LED) and barely any power when off (under .2mA!) so the battery will last hundreds of hours.
- We usually run the BEANO BOOST directly into the input of your tube amp, with minimum of buffers (i.e. tuners, or non-true bypass pedals) in the signal path. Most people have found they work best near the very beginning of your signal chain. Beano should be before other drive/dirt pedals to wake them up, and to keep noise low. Like the Fuzz Face, the Beano Boost MUST NOT have a buffered pedal in front of it. Something like a Boss pedal, even off, into the Beano Boost will make it sound trebly and thin. Buffered pedals are OK after the Beano Boost if necessary.
- Cleans up really well when you back down your volume control!
Delivery & Returns
Free Shipping- Most orders $50.00 and over ordered from themusicden.com SHIP FOR FREE, but there are two exceptions: Orders that are being shipped to a location that is not in the lower 48 United States will NOT ship for free. Also items marked as "Oversized" will NOT ship free. Those orders will ship using our Standard Shipping rate.
Standard Shipping- This is the default shipping method for orders shipping to a US state that is not in the lower 48, such as Hawaii or Alaska, Puerto Rico, or an APO/AE order. Whether an order is shipped USPS or UPS is at The Music Den's discretion depending on what the situation may require.
Orders made through www.themusicden.com will only ship to United States. We are unable to ship internationally.
It may take one to two business days to process an order before it is actually shipped out.
Shipping costs will not be refunded for returns. The buyer must assume all shipping costs when returning an item.
School Servicing- Items will be delivered to the school on our next scheduled weekly visit.
In-Store Pickups- You can choose to pick items up at our Randolph Store. Please call ahead to make sure that your item is at the store before coming to pick it up. Be prepared to present identification and the purchasing credit card during pickup.
Curbside Pickups- Between 10am-5pm, Monday-Friday, you can choose to pick items up at our Randolph Store and have them brought out to you. Please wait for a confirmation email that your item is ready to be picked up. When you arrive you can call the store at 973-927-5800. Be prepared to present identification and the purchasing credit card during pickup.
30 Day Easy Return Guarantee
The Music Den wants you to be fully satisfied with your purchase. The Music Den has a cash back return policy for all online returns 30 days from the date of sale. (Note: This does not apply to Reverb. Please see Reverb for their specific policies. For In-store purchases please refer to your receipt.) Please read the items below carefully to ensure that your Item Return is done correctly.
To return an item purchased online from www.themusicden.com, you must notify The Music Den within 30 days from the date of the sale to receive an RA#.
All returns must have an RA# (Return Authorization Number). To receive an RA#, Please call 1-800-479-1189 or click here to send us an email. Do not forget to mention your customer number and order number so that we can expedite your request.
All Returns must be received by the Music Den within 10 days of the day you received the RA#.
All shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer and are non-refundable.
The following items cannot be returned: Sheet Music, Books, Reeds, Strings, Harmonicas, Microphones, Clothing, CD's, Videos, DVD's, and Software.
Returned items must be in their original condition and packaging. Returned items not in their original condition will be charged a 15% restocking fee.
Special orders can only be returned at the discretion of a Store Manager with a restocking fee added. All deposits on special orders are non-refundable.
When you ship your item, make sure that your RA# is printed clearly on the outside of the package.
Ship the item to:
The Music Den
1030 Route 10 West
Randolph, NJ 07869
For answers to any questions about our return policy, please call 1-800-479-1189 or click here to send us an email.