The ultimate SP is here.
Roland SP samplers are the bona fide kings of performance-based beatmaking, celebrated for their distinctive sound and ability to create rapid-fire beats anywhere, anytime. Carefully refined through community feedback and extensive research and development, the SP-404MKII is the ultimate SP sampler. It’s faster and better than ever, with a vivid OLED display, expressive new pads, expanded effects, fluid sequencing and sampling, and a massive library of authentic sounds to inspire your music.
- Vivid OLED display for visual waveform editing, full menu access, and more
- 17 velocity-sensitive, RGB pads with no-click design for smooth playability
- Faster workflow with quick startup and load times, 16 GB internal storage, low-latency pads, and rapid sample editing
- Compact, ultra-lightweight design (2.4 lbs./1.1 kg) with versatile power options: USB-C, mobile battery (via USB-C port), six AA batteries, or AC adaptor
- Extensive onboard effects, including SP classics like Vinyl Simulator and DJFX Looper, new Lo-fi, Cassette Simulator, and Resonator effects, and dedicated Vocoder, Auto Pitch, and Guitar Amp Simulator effects for the mic/guitar input
- 32-voice polyphony, 160 samples per project, and 16 internal projects for expanded programming possibilities
- Blazing onboard sample editing with real-time or auto-chop mode, auto BPM detect, envelope, pitch shift, and resampling for layering sounds and phrases
- Pre-loaded sound library with 144 high-quality, professionally recorded samples and patterns
- Extensive customization options with removable metal faceplate, downloadable outline template, multiple screensavers, and personalized startup logos
- Upgraded I/O includes 1/4-inch line in/out, 1/4-inch mic/guitar input, 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch headphones outputs, and 1/8-inch TRS MIDI in/out
- New resampling workflow for re-recording with various effects for detailed sound design
- Audio capture and streaming supported with mobile devices and computers via USB-C*
- Skip Back Sampling to automatically capture up to 25 seconds of audio from your last performance
- Bus FX for layering multiple effects, with customizable routing for creating intricate sound textures
- Adjustable quantization and shuffle percentage across multiple note resolutions to customize swing
- Pattern sequencer with the ability to create full songs with BPM per bank, ideal for running backing tracks or programming performances
- Chain patterns for automatic playback and use Pad Link to trigger up to four samples with a single press
- DJ Mode enables new approaches to live performance by manipulating and mixing two separate audio files
- SP-404MKII editor software for Mac and Windows provides direct sample access, detailed waveform editing, sample management, pad assignment, and import of MIDI files and legacy SP-404SX and SP-404A projects
*A supported iOS mobile device with a Lightning connector can be connected to the SP-404MKII via USB-C using the appropriate Apple adaptor cable. The SP-404MKII must be powered with an optional PSD AC adaptor (included) or 6X AA batteries (not included) in this circumstance. See the SP-404MKII Reference Manual for more USB-C connection info.
Delivery & Returns
Free Shipping- Most orders $50.00 and over ordered from themusicden.com SHIP FOR FREE, but there are two exceptions: Orders that are being shipped to a location that is not in the lower 48 United States will NOT ship for free. Also items marked as "Oversized" will NOT ship free. Those orders will ship using our Standard Shipping rate.
Standard Shipping- This is the default shipping method for orders shipping to a US state that is not in the lower 48, such as Hawaii or Alaska, Puerto Rico, or an APO/AE order. Whether an order is shipped USPS or UPS is at The Music Den's discretion depending on what the situation may require.
Orders made through www.themusicden.com will only ship to United States. We are unable to ship internationally.
It may take one to two business days to process an order before it is actually shipped out.
Shipping costs will not be refunded for returns. The buyer must assume all shipping costs when returning an item.
School Servicing- Items will be delivered to the school on our next scheduled weekly visit.
In-Store Pickups- You can choose to pick items up at our Randolph Store. Please call ahead to make sure that your item is at the store before coming to pick it up. Be prepared to present identification and the purchasing credit card during pickup.
Curbside Pickups- Between 10am-5pm, Monday-Friday, you can choose to pick items up at our Randolph Store and have them brought out to you. Please wait for a confirmation email that your item is ready to be picked up. When you arrive you can call the store at 973-927-5800. Be prepared to present identification and the purchasing credit card during pickup.
30 Day Easy Return Guarantee
The Music Den wants you to be fully satisfied with your purchase. The Music Den has a cash back return policy for all online returns 30 days from the date of sale. (Note: This does not apply to Reverb. Please see Reverb for their specific policies. For In-store purchases please refer to your receipt.) Please read the items below carefully to ensure that your Item Return is done correctly.
To return an item purchased online from www.themusicden.com, you must notify The Music Den within 30 days from the date of the sale to receive an RA#.
All returns must have an RA# (Return Authorization Number). To receive an RA#, Please call 1-800-479-1189 or click here to send us an email. Do not forget to mention your customer number and order number so that we can expedite your request.
All Returns must be received by the Music Den within 10 days of the day you received the RA#.
All shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer and are non-refundable.
The following items cannot be returned: Sheet Music, Books, Reeds, Strings, Harmonicas, Microphones, Clothing, CD's, Videos, DVD's, and Software.
Returned items must be in their original condition and packaging. Returned items not in their original condition will be charged a 15% restocking fee.
Special orders can only be returned at the discretion of a Store Manager with a restocking fee added. All deposits on special orders are non-refundable.
When you ship your item, make sure that your RA# is printed clearly on the outside of the package.
Ship the item to:
The Music Den
1030 Route 10 West
Randolph, NJ 07869
For answers to any questions about our return policy, please call 1-800-479-1189 or click here to send us an email.