Take command of your monitors.
You need to be able to switch between multiple sets of monitors and hear what your mix sounds like with and without a subwoofer. You want to be able to switch between multiple analog and digital sources. And you want to do it without sacrificing clarity and transparency. Meet the Central Station PLUS, the professional’s choice for monitor control.
A variety of connections for all of your sources and destinations.
With Central Station, you can easily switch between three sets of stereo, analog input sources and one stereo digital input source. The digital inputs provide up to 24-bit, 192 kHz digital-to-analog conversion, and the converters deliver more than 115 dB of dynamic range. The Central Station will automatically detect and lock to the sampling rate of the source device.
You can audition these sources with up to three pairs of speakers, with individual trim pots for each speaker. You also get two screaming-loud headphone amplifiers with individual level controls. If two sets of cans aren’t enough, simply connect the line-level cue outputs to a headphone distribution system—say, a PreSonus® HP2, HP4, or HP60. And because Central Station is a 1U rack-mount device, with only one multi-conductor cable running to the remote control on your desktop, all of the cabling is in the back of your rack, where it belongs.
Pure, audiophile-quality sound.
The pros know that for critical listening, a monitor-control system must be as sonically transparent as possible. That’s why we gave the Central Station an audiophile-quality, passive signal path, with no op-amps or ICs, and we equipped the S/PDIF inputs with high-definition, 24-bit, 192 kHz D/A converters.
The Central Station uses the highest-quality passive components, including military-grade, 1% tolerance, metal-film resistors; multi-element potentiometers; and durable connectors to deliver the highest sonic performance. This ensures the most transparent signal path and maximizes dynamic range, frequency response, and headroom while minimizing noise and coloration.
A wealth of features gives you a complete monitoring solution.
We’ve included plenty of extras to make your studio work easy and efficient. Talk to the musicians over the headphone and cue buses using the onboard talkback microphone or connect a dynamic mic to the XLR talkback input. Use a footswitch for hands-free talkback operation. A Mono switch sums the stereo source so you can check for phase problems, and Dim and Mute switches let you reduce or mute the speaker outputs without changing the referenced position on your main level knob. To top it off, the included CSR-1 remote control lets you manage it all from your desktop.
With its combination of I/O, audio quality, and features, it’s no surprise that the Central Station PLUS is indeed the professional’s choice for monitor control.
- 3 sets of stereo analog inputs let you switch between sources
- 2 sets of S/PDIF digital inputs (coax and optical)
- 3 sets of stereo speaker outputs with:
- Speaker Select switches
- Recessed trim pot for each speaker output
Cue section with:
- Input-select switch
- Output-level control
Main section with:
- Input-select switch
- Aux-input level control
- Output-level control
- Mute, Dim (-20 dB), and Mono switches
2 headphone outputs, each with:
- Dual-function volume controls
- Main-Cue input switches
- Passive audio path: no op amps or IC's in main audio path
- Onboard talkback microphone
- Talkback microphone input w/level control (feeds headphone and cue outputs)
- Dual 30-segment, fast-acting, peak-hold LED metering (dBu and dBfs) with:
- Clear Peak switch
- Calibrate to match DAW or other audio device
- Footswitch jack for hands-free talkback operation
- Included Control Station Remote (CSR-1) provides remote control of:
- Main Volume
- Input select
- Output select
- 4 balanced ¼-inch analog line inputs (2 L/R pairs)
- 2 unbalanced RCA analog line inputs (L/R pair)
- 1 stereo S/PDIF optical (TOSLINK) digital input
- 1 stereo S/PDIF coax (RCA) digital input
- 1 balanced XLR talkback-microphone input
- 6 balanced ¼-inch, line-level speaker outputs (3 L/R pairs) w/separate, passive volume controls
- 2 balanced ¼-inch, line-level Main outputs (1 L/R pair) with source selection
- 2 balanced ¼-inch, line-level Cue outputs (1 L/R pair) with volume control and source selection
- 2 stereo ¼-inch headphone jacks w/dual-function volume controls and Main-Cue input switches
- 1 DB15 port for optional Control Station Remote (CSR-1)
- S/PDIF coax and optical digital inputs
- High-definition, 24-bit, 192 kHz D/A converters (115 dBu dynamic range)
- 1U 19-inch rack-mountable, rugged steel chassis
- External AC power supply
- Remote-control all functions of Central Station, including:
- Input switching
- Speaker selection
- Main volume
- Talkback system
- Onboard electret condenser talkback microphone
- Talk button (momentary switch) for talkback system
- Active light shows when CSR-1 is controlling main volume
- Connects with a proprietary DB15 cable (included)
- Keep desktop neat and clutter-free
Delivery & Returns
Free Shipping- Most orders $50.00 and over ordered from themusicden.com SHIP FOR FREE, but there are two exceptions: Orders that are being shipped to a location that is not in the lower 48 United States will NOT ship for free. Also items marked as "Oversized" will NOT ship free. Those orders will ship using our Standard Shipping rate.
Standard Shipping- This is the default shipping method for orders shipping to a US state that is not in the lower 48, such as Hawaii or Alaska, Puerto Rico, or an APO/AE order. Whether an order is shipped USPS or UPS is at The Music Den's discretion depending on what the situation may require.
Orders made through www.themusicden.com will only ship to United States. We are unable to ship internationally.
It may take one to two business days to process an order before it is actually shipped out.
Shipping costs will not be refunded for returns. The buyer must assume all shipping costs when returning an item.
School Servicing- Items will be delivered to the school on our next scheduled weekly visit.
In-Store Pickups- You can choose to pick items up at our Randolph Store. Please call ahead to make sure that your item is at the store before coming to pick it up. Be prepared to present identification and the purchasing credit card during pickup.
Curbside Pickups- Between 10am-5pm, Monday-Friday, you can choose to pick items up at our Randolph Store and have them brought out to you. Please wait for a confirmation email that your item is ready to be picked up. When you arrive you can call the store at 973-927-5800. Be prepared to present identification and the purchasing credit card during pickup.
30 Day Easy Return Guarantee
The Music Den wants you to be fully satisfied with your purchase. The Music Den has a cash back return policy for all online returns 30 days from the date of sale. (Note: This does not apply to Reverb. Please see Reverb for their specific policies. For In-store purchases please refer to your receipt.) Please read the items below carefully to ensure that your Item Return is done correctly.
To return an item purchased online from www.themusicden.com, you must notify The Music Den within 30 days from the date of the sale to receive an RA#.
All returns must have an RA# (Return Authorization Number). To receive an RA#, Please call 1-800-479-1189 or click here to send us an email. Do not forget to mention your customer number and order number so that we can expedite your request.
All Returns must be received by the Music Den within 10 days of the day you received the RA#.
All shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer and are non-refundable.
The following items cannot be returned: Sheet Music, Books, Reeds, Strings, Harmonicas, Microphones, Clothing, CD's, Videos, DVD's, and Software.
Returned items must be in their original condition and packaging. Returned items not in their original condition will be charged a 15% restocking fee.
Special orders can only be returned at the discretion of a Store Manager with a restocking fee added. All deposits on special orders are non-refundable.
When you ship your item, make sure that your RA# is printed clearly on the outside of the package.
Ship the item to:
The Music Den
1030 Route 10 West
Randolph, NJ 07869
For answers to any questions about our return policy, please call 1-800-479-1189 or click here to send us an email.